Thursday, January 30, 2014

Words to Live By


On this Thursday Morning.

I have a loooong appointment with an external employment expert who will assess whether I've done everything in my power to get better and not be a bloody burden to the company.

(I sure am planning on telling her that if the company didn't work me to the bone in the first place, as they did, I would certainly have been able to handle the nearly 7 years of no sleep, or my dad getting ill, or the husband's midlife crisis or my 3-read-the-manual-kids, whilst trying to realize some ambitions of my own.)

Just saying.

Which reminds me of a manual for a sewing machine I once read.
It said:

This machine should not be operated by idiots.

I'm not kidding.
Wish someone gave me a manual with those words in the hospital's delivery room.
Or when I started teaching at this university.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment