Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Despite

So, despite a FULL day's work yesterday, all the stress ranging from other lecturers planning their exams over my exams to a too full timetable (again), grinding my teeth to the point of headache, I've decided to say 'Bugger that' and I'm going to Paleis het Loo today.

I spoke to my mom last night, and just someone helping you think about your boundaries, made me feel better and more in control of my life.
I brainstormed, as per my mother's instructions.
It was useful.
This morning, I've been putting my brainstorm-session of last night into practice.  

The fact is, that the new academic quarter is starting on Monday next week, and I haven't prepared anything for it.
I mean, ANYTHING.

I'll just have to wing it as I go along, but I've made a good overview of what needs to be done, methinks.
It's like someone pressed the 'delete'-button to everything prior to January 2013.
Sigh.

So an hour's work this morning (I've already written two information booklets this morning) , then I'm off to see splendor and palaces, gardens and a completely different environment that will get me away from me, for a wee bit.
 


Amen, Samuel Beckett.
Life will possibly never be completely stress-free, and that's just that.


.

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I hope with all my heart that you will yourself in getting away from yourself.
    Let the beauty 'n splendor be healing for you, dear princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aargh, missed a word (the important one!): FIND yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah, thank goodness you added the second part!! I was about to think I was missing a vital Zen-part!! The change of scenery was glorious. Quiet and stimulating. Don't think I found myself though, but this remains an unending process. Hope your discussion with the teachers went well xxx

    ReplyDelete