Thursday, March 7, 2013

Humph

It was just one of those days where you're either ready to hurl yourself off a precipice, or someone else.
Thankfully I did neither, but boy oh boy, I bawled my eyes out yesterday.
Publicly.

Son#2 had to see the ophthalmologist and turned out to be almost as blind as a bat.
He's getting glasses.
We went to pick out bright blue, glow-in-the-blooming-dark glasses (I kid you not) to suit his colourful personality.
He would look strange in more serious, real, grandpa-type glasses.
Sigh.
Our ladykiller with his Surfer-Dude looks and born-with-a-sixpack will be all of the abovementioned, but then with glasses.

I cried in the waiting room, sending Son#1 off to find toilet paper for me.
Not just for the blooming glasses, but for life in general.
My poor kids.
I'm buggering them up.
Big time.

Then we rushed to Son#1's swimming classes so he could get his [expletive, expletive] swimming diploma without which you are bound to die in the next flood in The Nether Lands, or without which you will surely FAIL everything you attempt in your life.
The kid won't drown.
He can doggy paddle and swim underwater.
Give him his damn diploma, puh-lease.
But no.
Another 3 months' worth of lessons at €160,00 per month and maybe, maaaaaaaybe, he'll be allowed to swim his bloody exam in June.
Oh hell, just insert a litany of more expletives.  
As many as you can think of.
For my sake. 

You might have noticed from my swearing tone that I had a crappy day.
You would be right in that.

Meanwhile the husband is fighting his own gastroenteritis demons in the States.
Feel better, love.

The only illuminated point for the day was the afternoon sunshine and kids playing outside.



And my 3 glasses of who-gives-a-crap-what-it-tastes-like-as-long-as-it-contains-alcohol wine.
Yum yum. 

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment