Friday, January 31, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: And so we exhaaaaaale...

Somehow being busy, creates an energy that spurs me on to actually get a helluva lot of things done.
Energy seems to beget energy, after all.

The husband had a work dinner last night, prompting me to shove the kids in the Vollie (as the boys have dubbed our old-new-Volvo), and drive to Ikea to stuff our faces with cheap food and ice cream.
After a shouting-session on the highway, we were all well-behaved, and calm too, even after we returned home.
In the car on the way home, all 3 boys were practicing pick-up lines:
Son#2 can wiggle his eyebrows and say 'Hey there, chicky' like a boss.
The husband will be so proud.



Anyway.
I read stories to boys in beds, and then started studying.
Love it.
Lovelovelove it.
I know of only one friend who loves studying too, but that's it.
Other people have other hobbies.
I should make more time to attend to mine.

But getting things done is enormously gratifying, and that's a good feeling.
I'm just aiming for good feelings this weekend:  'productive', 'energetic' and 'at peace'.
Will avoid any and all categories of 'angry', 'despondent', 'unhappy' and 'useless'.

After a freak-out start of the week, I'm exhaling.
Monday will look after Monday again.
I just want to enjoy today.

And that will include lots of couch sitting, coffee drinking and hugging Son#3, who is especially cute today.
Even my whammy of a flu that I've been dragging around all week, won't get me down.
Deep, contented sigh.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment