Saturday, January 4, 2014

One-Child Policy

I miss Son#1 and #2 as soon as they leave, but it is nice and quiet in the house with only #3 waltzing around.
We drove to the in-laws yesterday afternoon, but poor Son#2 was knackered after his swimming lessons and just an event-filled Christmas Holiday, that he threw a couple of mean tantrums, screaming like a banshee.
Poor bunny.
I miss them here this morning, though.
Sigh.



The husband let me sleep until 9h30, now we're dressed and ready to go.
The good, crafty husband is going to build a small wall behind our bed so we won't sleep under a beam anymore.
All 5 of us have banged our heads on that blooming beam more than once.

I'm going to support the husband by reading a lot today.
A calm wife = a happy husband.

Son#3 told me last night, beaming smile, that my dad wants to pick him up and kiss him.
And when I spoke to my mom earlier in the evening, she said that she was shocked, shocked, to realize that my father is dead, and the moment she said it, my heart clenched.
I've put it in a place where I can look at it or not, and when I look...
The knowledge devastates me.
Even now as I type this.
And my experience of this is not my mother's:  Her partner, best friend, is gone, and we don't know where.
My life is different, easier.
I have children to look after, a life on the other side of the planet.
I'm so sorry mom.
Xxxx


.



No comments:

Post a Comment