Thursday, January 2, 2014

Begin


We spent the night in Zeeland, in the quaintest bed & breakfast I've ever been in.

We took the boys for a pizza in Middelharnis, the only guests in the restaurant, back to the B&B then grudgingly stayed up until midnight, watching a cabaret on TV, playing a (children's) board game, sipping Clairette de Die.
Kissing at midnight.
Son#3 spent the night in bed with me, stroking my face and randomly kissing me.
If you're not going to sleep, then it's not a bad state of wakefulness.
The husband slept in Son#3's bedstead, bless.
Inevitably, the boys were raring to go at 6 in the morning.


(Son#3 found the dummy that his sentimental mother had stashed in a drawer, and decided to use it again.  It's gone again, bless the husband and his forcefulness).
 
In the morning, a hatch opened and as if by magic, a wondrous breakfast appeared.
We ate too much.
For an entire year, we ate too damn much.

A short drive through the countryside, then Son#3 and I fell asleep in the car.

Now it's Thursday again, and Son#3 has been dropped off at daycare, and #1 and #2 are almost off to the movies this morning.
I'm not doing New Year's resolutions this year.
Bugger that.
Nothing much has changed desire-wise since 31 December 2013.

We just begin, and hope for the best.
Happy new year, dear reader.
May it treat you infinitely well.
Luck be on your side.

.


2 comments:

  1. I sooo ate too much. Just now my mother in law stopped by to pick up the boys, and she brought home made apple pie. One more day of eating won't hurt ;-)
    Enjoy the movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You understand me so well Roos!

    ReplyDelete