Saturday, January 18, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Mismatched

We just walked back in after an attempt to get dressed by the hairdresser.  
She doesn't take appointments, so it's hit-and-run.
This was too much for Son#1:  an inflexible mind had him in tantrumic tears outside the hairdresser's after I asked him to tie his shoelaces.
Sigh.
Sometimes I wonder at the forces in the universe that put the 2 of us together.
What is it that I have to learn here?
Some flexibility on my part as well?
Patience?
More unconditional love?


We've had a busy week.
On Thursday I had a short dinner with a good friend.
Friday morning was filled in with a breakfast party at a neighbour's house.
Son#3 tagged along, and I had forgotten to bring clean nappies.
I dropped off a room deoderiser later.
Then, last night, rugby lessons for Son#1, #2 tagging along.
A sleepless night, why I don't know.

Meanwhile, my plate has been full - all the tasks that the husband and I share in terms of public jobs like dropping off kids/picking them up again etc., have been suspended.
The husband most probably has Sixth disease - a children's illness.
He feels lethargic, his body covered in a rash.
I feel so sorry for him - his discomfort must be immense.

I don't want to think about the coming week.
Just now.
Breathe.
Coffee.
And another attempt to see the hairdresser.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment