Friday, January 3, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Kundalini

A couple of years ago, I regularly attended Kundalini Yoga classes, which were great.
The lesson always ended with a meditation, then this song, then tea:



You might listen to it and think I'm off my rocker, but really, it's an Irish wish, and it felt wonderful listening to it in the dark after quiet meditation.
The husband thinks I'm a fruitcake.

I still drink the Yogi Classics tea, especially for the nifty messages that are printed on the tag.
Stuff like:  'Be kind to yourself' and 'Love is the Way'.

Think I'm getting myself Snatam Kaur's CD with my Christmas Bonus.
To drive to work with, and to have some hope.

Son#1 and #2 are spending the weekend at the in-laws'.
We're dropping them off after swimming lessons later.
Where my mother-in-law gets the energy from, I don't know...
They're my kids and it seems a daunting prospect to me!



2 comments:

  1. A friend gave me a Snatam Kaur CD (she is a Kundalini fan too) and the Yogi tea labels make me smile/barf (either way, a good reason not to take the world soooo seriously :-)). The point with this kind of music - and tea as a matter of fact - is that my husband doesn't dig it at all. Driving to work means hopping over to my desk in the bedroom... As you mentioned it here already, go and buy yourself that CD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bliss of taking a joyride in my own car playing my own fruitcake tunes... I'm alone in my fandom of Snatam, Cat Stevens and (cringe) John Denver. And more tea for me, boohaaahaaa. One day the husband will come home and I will have painted the walls hot pink, Bollywood tunes in the background and I'll be wearing bells. Aaaah, a girl can dream! Xxx

    ReplyDelete