Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tut tut tut

It started raining yesterday in the afternoon.
I zipped from work to my work coach, then back to work waiting for the guest lecturer to arrive.
That went well, the guest lecture was super-interesting and shocking all at once, and I left work early, invigorated.


I drove around in my Volvo, and it is certainly different from my mini-van,  which was choke-less, easy clutched, smooth pull-aways.
Now my calf muscles are working trying to shift gears, but I love it.
I hope it drives us around carefully for a long, long time.
And I love the summer-iness of the colour:  sunny yellow in a sea of grey and black.

I came home to cook dinner, and phoned my mom.
Her days are quiet.
She reads a lot.
But, let's see how that goes, like I read the other day.
Words that bring comfort.

Now I have a kid to clean, Son#3 to kiss and cuddle.
A day that stretches ahead but is filled with understanding and love.
Three enthusiastic boys that love joy-rides in our new-old car.
And a husband with a helluva allergic reaction - rash, itch, tired - to what we don't know.



.


2 comments:

  1. The Volvo looks as if it is placed in a Madurodam scenery. Quite cute considering the color (sunny yellow? what happened to the d-word :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even 'd' can be sunny, harhar!! All a matter of perspective!

      Delete