Monday, November 24, 2014

Tropicality

Nighttime was short and interrupted, thanks to Son#3.
It's scary to wake up from a melatonin-induced coma to a Chucky-like figure - replete with curls - standing next to your bed, staring at you in the dark.
I didn't sleep much after midnight.
 
 
The husband remains pale and tired. 
He's going back to the doctor this afternoon.
I still have a fever.
It's a nasty virus this year.
 

The boys have a day off from school.
I sent them to the one and only shop in our village to buy bread and sweets, and it's not even 10 o'clock yet.
I'm going to try doing a wee bit of work, but mostly look at my new courses that I enrolled for at 3 a.m.
 
 
What is this insatiable need of mine to fill each and every second with productivity?
A year alone on an island would do me a world of good.
Just to learn how to enjoy quietude again.
To have nothing to do.

Many things I pile on myself (like the studying), but most are not self-imposed.
Most things are necessary actions that someone needs to do.
I just wish someone else would do these things once in a while.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment