Friday, November 21, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Afflicted but happy

Although Son#2 and I both went to the doctor's this morning and both came away with pneumonia and some feisty antibiotics, we're quite serene.
All 5 of us have now had/have pneumonia or bronchitis.
Swell.

On the spur of the moment, I bought one of my friend Roelie's paintings. 
And I mean 'bought' because technically, I'll have to wait until Christmas to pay for it.
It's yellow and makes me happy.

The doctor told me to stay home next week, and I think I'll follow her advice.
The weekend ahead is quiet, but I miss having something to study, as odd as that may seem.

The husband feels depressed and sick, always a bad combo.
But the sun is shining.
We have a medical aid to pay for doctors' visits and medicine.
There is food in the house.
I miss the sick days of my youth, when I could just be sick.
Just BE.
Now being sick is just another damn thing to do.


Son#1 is in a good mood so far, and that makes life easy as pie.
Thank our lucky stars.


.


2 comments:

  1. Mr. Model-to-Be has great hair today :-)
    Try stocking up on those ab's, (not your abs but the pills) sounds like you all need lots of them. Yes, the sun is making it all a bit better. I know. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll like that when I tell him!!! Abs (waist) have long disappeared, but the other abs lie forgotten in my kitchen cupboard. I'll pull them out again.
      Hang in there Roos. XoxoxoX

      Delete