Thursday, November 13, 2014

Oh crap

I had a very, very tough day.
This morning I had an assessment with my boss who then proceeded to 'put me in my place' for speaking up at that faculty meeting way back in August.
It came out of nowhere and I was utterly unprepared.
I don't know what to say.
I have some wonderful colleagues but this is a high stress job that requires a helluvalot of personal time input from me, and, after today's humiliation, I don't know why I'm clinging on to this particular job.
Especially if you fall out of favour with management (the director NEVER greets me)...


I came home, bawled my eyes out and started looking for a new job on the internet.
I even found something interesting.

I'm afraid this whole thing will still continue at work, as the coordinator is backing me up and won't be backing down to management, but I lack the energy for this.
Nor do I have the facility of language - quick arguments in Dutch are not my forte.
Nor am I looking forward to yet another humiliating blow.

Fly, fly away. 


.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid, just step up for yourself! Sounds like you're doing a good job!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete