Saturday, November 1, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: Give me fever

Son#1 has been sick for a few days, along with me.
We bark together, but he sounds like a seal.
(And may I just say that Prospan is the BEST cough medicine. Ever!)
He has a good fever too, and where mine remains low-grade, his rages on.
He came to snuggle his skinny-tall body into mine last night.
Kids mould themselves to you beautifully.
We fell blissfully into sleep and it was only 20h00.
The poor thing has pneumonia.



The week was filled with odd days.
It has been emotional and tiring.
We didn't sleep very much.
Son#2 is nauseous and asthmatic and also heading towads pneumonia, and it wouldn't surprise me if Son#3 did the same.
The timing sucks: I have an academic quarter to round off and studies to cram into my memory.

I ended up cleaning the entire kitchen and dining room.
Decluttering, reorganizing (also known as procrastination).
But I didn't think too much about my dad,  which was good in a way.
My new resolution: to reduce the contents of our house with 50%.
I want to travel lighter through this world.
Deadline:  unknown.

Today I will need to study like mad.
With all the hospital visits, sick kids and an overloaded work schedule, it's no damn wonder I didn't get that much done study-wise, especially if you chuck in the ever-present no sleep.
Oi vey.

The practicalities of life also demand their hunk of meat: we can't connect the laptop to the internet.
It leaves one strangely bereft and liberated: my work phone our only connection to a universe of data.
The hermit's life will be ours yet.




.

1 comment:

  1. Duh. We have the best cough medicine ever - a kitchen cupboard full. The thing is, you don't what that sh*t...

    Love your new resolution! If you ever decide to get rid of the cool design furniture, let me know :-) (somehow I think you'll keep that :-))

    Get well soon! All of you!

    ReplyDelete