Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A year of travelling

It has been an expensive year.
I went to South Africa.
We've been to Portugal, France, Germany and in 3 weeks' time, I'll be going to Copenhagen for a very, very short trip but a trip nonetheless.
 
 
 I wish I had endless money to travel far more often than the ridiculous amount in this past year alone.
Sigh.
 
I have big expenses coming up again in terms of studies, Sinterklaas (whom I detest) and my much-anticipated trip to see my friend Estelle for one night in Copenhagen.
And for the moment, I'm making do with dresses and pants that are just a wee bit too big but still doable, I think.
 
Son#3 and I are home this morning, and perhaps later we can go wash the car for the Wednesday Car Wash Special of 2 bucks fifty.
Bake biscuits at home for free entertainment (as in, we sit on the kitchen floor, staring at the oven door).
As one grows up, one learns where and when the bargains are to be sourced.
It becomes a game.
 
Only now do I realize the value that money has.
If I had started saving way back when in my twenties, instead of spending it on crap, I might have had a nice nest egg.
Might have, shmight have.
Right?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment