Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New word, new hope


This suits my ever-questioning personality down to a tee.
Sigh.

How strange to start the day knowing I don't have to study for anything.
Son#3 and I are going to the doctor so she can listen to his lungs.
I have a fever but feel fine otherwise.

I had meetings with the school teachers of Son#1 and #2 yesterday.
Son#2 is doing fantastically well - can mathematize anything, reading WELL, behaving like a trooper (at school, harhar). 
Son#1's teacher still recommends that we get help - SOON.
He is a dominating presence in class, back-chats the teachers during breaks (Earth, please swallow me), refuses to stick to rules, doesn't always follow instructions.
We HAVE to get help now.
And it might be a good thing.
Son#2 lives in #1's constant shadow, always seeking his approval and guidance.
Academically, Son#1 is capable of much more, although his grades are excellent as they are.
But if he's not interested, then it ain't interesting...

We worry and slalom around and over tantrums and cheekiness and wonder why, WHY did we ever think we would be okay at parenting.
Sometimes loving someone is not sufficient to be symbiotic.

Who knows, perhappiness we'll have a good day.


.

 

.

2 comments:

  1. I think you ARE okay at parenting. Kids are kids, as are parents are parents and not superheros!
    You take care of them and you are not only willing to listen to other people's advice, but also acting on it. That is a lot. (I always tend to look the other way when teachers suggest something. Off in 30 mins to meeting #4 in two weeks about my baby boy... let's see what they are coming up with now...)
    And take care of that fever, will you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling Roos! I hope your meeting went better than mine xxxx

      Delete