Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tough Tuesdays

This morning at 10 a.m. I will have a meeting with a student.
One of those bad news meetings.
Sigh.
He's come to the end of his road at the university where I teach, and I'm the lucky sucker who gets to tell him all about it.
Poor kid.
 
 
I'm a big fan of the late bloomer, myself being one, and also coming from a long line of late, dreaming bloomers.
There are always chances and opportunities to change one's direction.
My parents, at 50, moved to the other side of South Africa, with no jobs in sight, and a brand new mortgage to pay.
It worked out well.
Sometimes you just need a bit of faith in the knowledge that things have a way of working themselves out.
There is a symbiosis in the universe, it seems.
Equilibrium is strived for, and attained through some strange cosmic process of osmosis.
It's just a question of waiting for it.
(And having the patience to do so)
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment