Thursday, November 27, 2014

Conflicting interests

The bad talk I had with my boss 2 weeks ago, seems to have a bit of a tail.
Because I called in sick with this dreaded pneumonia on Friday, he contacted our company doctor to call me in for an assessment of sorts.
This has never happened to me before.
I spoke to the doctor over the phone, told her all about my continuing fever, my second round of antibiotics since the first didn't do the trick and that she could contact my GP if she wanted to.
The doctor told me my aim of going back to work this coming Monday was commendable but unrealistic and that she was giving me an extra week off work just to get better.
Smirk, smirk.

Even the doctor mentioned that she felt something else was at play here, that there were bad feelings involved.
I told her those feelings weren't coming from my side: I just have pneumonia.
Ha.



But.
It highlights the fact that my time there is coming to a close.
I will spend my week wisely, methinks.

Lao Tzu is an old favourite.
But new beginnings scare the bejesus out of me, especially when I wonder where in the world I will EVER fit in, and will I?
I get hermits.
I get moving to Alaska's wilds and never speaking to another human being again.
And I'm sad to say that this is the only reason why I regret having children:  the never-ending perpetuating cycle of human anguish.
People are hyenas.
If you're weak, they will get you.
And I don't like feelings like these.


.

2 comments:

  1. You are NOT weak. So. Take that! (Perhaps you yourself are a hyena in disguise mwoahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're ALL hyenas. I'm not a weakling, but I'm damn tired of weakness of character!! I should be my own boss!!!!! (and I AM, I just get no income out of it, hahahaha)

    ReplyDelete