Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's a wondrous thing

Today was such a bloody crap day.
The day dragged on and on, and all my work would not get done.
I listened to complaining colleagues, drank tea and espresso, nibbled on my fruit and luckily thought to check my schedule to discover a forgotten meeting.
Sigh.

Then, home, I phoned my mum who had met up with Hospice nurse Jill - a kind, warm lady.
It will do my mother good to speak to a knowledgeable person with practical advice and warm hugs.
Nurse Jill thinks my dad has a ways to go still, that death isn't there yet.
But my mother wonders how much weight my dad can still lose, and live.

All this uncertainty.

What I can tell you with absolute conviction, is that I love my family.
The husband, the boys, the parents (and in-laws), the brother (-in-law), even the blooming cat who keeps peeing on the front door mat.


They are all gorgeous.
Gorgeous.
And just the thought of them, rights any wrong day.
 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment