Saturday, October 19, 2013

Cue Angelic Choir

I'm sort of convinced that the husband is smack-bang in a midlife crisis.
At least he loves and adores me, my wonky body, my brilliant mind and moods (haha).
You need someone to ground you, to turn to and to talk to.
You also need alcohol.


Not an awful lot, but definitely a wee bit every now and then.
I'm limiting myself to wine and more recently, Ruby Port, to 2 nights per week.
I really should work on eating healthier than I've been doing the last few months.

Did you know that when you are stressed, your adrenaline levels go up, which in turn stimulates a craving for sugar, which in turn stimulates adrenaline production?
In the same way energy begets energy, an energy drain begets an energy drain.
It certainly explains the alien amounts of sugar that I've been consuming lately...

Son#2 is coming home this afternoon.
I'm spending the morning finishing my work and doing the laundry, then grocery shopping.
Thank the good and merciful gods that the cleaner is coming on Monday.
And I'm packing my bags for South Africa.
Just in case.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment