Friday, October 4, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Up, up and away

It is cold here, and rainy in the Nether Lands.
The boys were shooed off to school, and Son#3 and I have sequestered ourselves in the warmth of the house for the morning.
I have, exciting exciting, laundry to do, and an early dinner to put together.
Son#2 is starting swimming lessons today, and Son#1, Rugby.


Last night, the husband and I went to dinner and a movie.
Wonderful dinner at the Greek restaurant, then on to see Gravity, spectacular scenes, although the overly dramatic music got to me after a while.
But it was riveting.

In a second, I'm phoning the radiologists to schedule my dad's radiation for the nasty old tumours on his sinuses.
It is starting to obscure his vision, pressing against his ocular nerve, and that's not a good thing.
He was so tired yesterday, and my sister-in-law looked after him while my mom was at work.
The times we live in are daunting, scary.
The health officer at work is right:  I throw up smoke screens in order not to think about my feelings overly much.
I'm o.k. with it for now though.
God knows what will roll out if I give in to anything right now.

Off we go, into another weekend.
And I hope, fervently, that it will be a good one.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment