Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dropping stuff

I think I need a good, long sleep.
I'm dropping and spilling stuff as I go along - this morning even before breakfast, an egg and milk respectively graced the cellar's floor (and shelves, and jars...) and kitchen counters.
Mmmm.


My dad is being picked up by an ambulance at 15h00 this afternoon, to be taken to hospital for blood transfusions.
It's not the calcium levels that are causing my father's confusion, as his calcium was a nice, acceptable level.
I think my dad is dying.  
All the signs are there.
Sleepiness, restlessness, confusion, weakness, loss of appetite.
What a strange, abstract realization this is.

Here in the Nether Lands, Son#2 and I are home alone again.
He's playing with clay while I write.
He used my mascara this morning while I was still trying to sleep, with disastrous effects.
Difficult to wash off....
My drag queen son and I are having a peaceful day.
Son#1 is staying over at his parental grandparents' and #3 is at daycare.
I should do some of my work that I'm running behind on, and studying for my exams in a month's time, but my energy has dwindled down to, well, nothing really.
My mind is elsewhere, with my parents all the way down south in South Africa.
And who can blame me?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment