Monday, December 23, 2013

Walk the path of peace (well, try anyway)

A friend is coming over for a visit today.
Son#1 and #2 have been up since 5 a.m. - I was blissfully zonked out in deep sleep, thanks to a few sleepless nights.
Thank the gods for small mercies.


The boys are fighting.
Do all boys do that??
Ours fight like sailors.
Swinging, punching, name-calling.
All. Day. Long.

Son#2 is the worst of the scumbags now:  He doesn't listen.
Even screams at you:  I can't heeeeear you!
Sigh.

This is Holiday Hell.

The husband and I are trying to escape the house on the 31st.
We don't want to be home on New Year's.
It was such a crapcrapcrap year.
Next year HAS to be better.
Perhaps a hotel somewhere, just for one night.
Aaaaaaah.

2 comments:

  1. All boys fight. (Why is mine on kungfu again?)
    All boys don't listen. (Why does mine cover his ears?)
    All moms scream. (Why do I keep doing so, even though I hate myself every time I raise my voice?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful I am to know I am not alone, not in anything, even if it feels like it most of the time. But you're right - that self-hatred when you fail to show patience at every defiance.... Sigh.

    ReplyDelete