Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chekhov on Boxing Day

The day at the in-laws was OK-ish.
The husband and I had a minor scuffle, quickly dissolved.
My father-in-law was not too grumpy.
The kids went ice skating and behaved exceptionally well.


We came home late, popped the kids in bed (who slept, thankfully).
Drank wine and phoned my mom.


This morning, a breakfast together.
I started reading Anton Chekhov's The Duel & Other Stories in the night when I couldn't sleep.
I'm a new fan.
Everyone should read Chekhov.
(That sounds so pretentious...  forgive me, but really, it's good stuff).


We might go for a walk in the woods close to Breda a bit later.
Watch a Christmas movie with the kids while stuffing our faces with popcorn.
Mostly doing nothing, and that's fine by me.


 The weather is dreary, but that's OK.
It's almost the end of this annus horribilus, and I can't wait.
On towards the good.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment