Monday, December 9, 2013

Shine Bright like a Diamond

Busy.
4 hours' of loooong lessons to teach to mostly uninspired students today.
Oh never mind.

I went for a short run last night, and it was wonderful.
I'm doing it again today.
I'm on a 30-day Challenge, yes I am.
This first time around, I'm getting fitter.


My mom is doing OK-ish in South Africa.
There isn't much more that I can add to that.
Going from intensively caring for my dad, to an empty void and left without purpose:  it's tough for her.
My dad's death remains an insurmountable challenge, and catches us off guard at the strangest moments.
In the quiet, in the solitude and multitude.
I felt tears stinging behind my eyes at Saturday's classical music concert.  
All the things my dad would have enjoyed with so much gratified surrender.
He and my mother were both blessed at birth with an ability to stand in awe and wonder of all things, a deep appreciation of life.

The week ahead beckons with appointments that need to be made for Son#2 who has to go and see a dentist, a physiotherapist and the child neurologist in Rotterdam.
Our faculty's Christmas Party on Wednesday.
My work coach.

First, coffee.
Work.
Hope your week will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment