Friday, December 13, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Just an Ordinary Day, it seems

So we bought the damn Christmas tree and already its presence is annoying me.
Too much clutter, too many light flashes.
I need cool, calm colours in preferably padded rooms.
Medication.
A nurse who asks me how I am today.
Someone to take my temperature (orally, thankyouverymuch) and pats my hand.


We need a new boiler.
And that's expensive.
This has been a most expensive year.
Two trips to South Africa.
Half of my annual salary paid back to the Tax Man (a.k.a. Satan) for childcare.
Not to mention the already expensive childcare I have to shoulder every month.
Cars that broke down.
The boys damaged the husband's car - another 500 bucks to insurance.
Dental costs.
How???
How does one get ahead.
I don't know, do you?

Thank the heavens that I have an extremely short short-term memory at the moment - I read and re-read books over and over, not even noticing or not being able to remember what will happen in a book.
Recycling and saving money.
Idiocy is bliss.
And my stockpiling of shower gels and dishwashing liquid will at least get us through winter shiny and clean.

This afternoon, Son#2 is off to swimming again.
I have the flu, I think.

Tonight I'll start thinking of my next painting.
Pity the heating has been turned off in my studio - TO SAVE MONEY - otherwise I could happily have spent my day there.


.

2 comments: