Sunday, December 22, 2013

And so

The night was short.
Late to bed, early to rise.
The husband off to Breda, Son#3 keeping me awake, and now, almost 9 in the morning, I'm trying my very best to motivate Son#2 to actually clean up the mess he's made.
Thank the lucky stars that Son#1 is being an angel this morning.
A veritable angel.


The running-away-factor is high today and I'm hoping the husband will be back early so I can do just that.

Meanwhile, I worry about my mom and how she's doing.
It's early days, and anything goes where grief is concerned.
It's been 7 weeks since my dad passed away, and it feels faaaaaar away but also incredibly near.
Raw at times.
And the last time that I saw him on the day of the funeral, is crystallizing in my mind.
The image becomes clearer and sharper.
He looked like a knight at rest.  
He was a knight.
Ours.

I'm hoping I can get through the day with not-too-noisy kids and lots of patience.
Hopefully we'll go out and do something. 
Perhaps I'll even have an hour or so to just sit, read, and think about life for a moment.


.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment