Monday, October 1, 2012

M is for Management

Today, after a busy start, I was installed as a new member of our Academic Board.
So far, it's fascinating and scary.
I don't generally consider myself management-material, I'm too bloody nice (cultural and family curse) and belief in myself and my opinions AWOL-ed a long, long time ago.



But.
(Big but).
I'm willing to stretch myself.
See how far I can go and what I can accomplish.
Who knows what will happen?
Perhaps I'll fail miserably, but if I never try, I'll never know.

Perhaps I can even learn to trust my opinions and insights again.

I was a different, more confident person in South Africa.
Would love to be more like my old self again.
Every little step counts as far as I'm concerned.
And everything, everything, is going to be allright!
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment