Friday, October 5, 2012

C'est Le Weekend: Meet & Greet

Today was super hectic.
This morning I had a lovely meet-up with an old Polish student whom I taught back in 2008.
She was in Brussels for a conference and wanted to see me.
How lovely!

Then I raced back to pick up Thing#1 and Thing#2.
Thing#1 went to a friend's house and Thing#2, Son#3 and I went to Ikea.
Back home, I frantically tried to spruce myself up as I have a work function in 's-Hertogenbosch this evening.
Picked up Thing#1 from the friend, then hit the supermarket, where Thing#1 and #2 had various bust-ups and loud fights in the aisles.
Swearing at me.
Screaming at each other.
Physical Violence Amongst Midgets.
Sigh.



Now, finally, at 4 p.m., I am home.
Son#3 and I have been up since 3 a.m. and he looks grey and vacant from tiredness.
He even fell downstairs today, just to add a bit more drama.
Last night I tutored a colleague's son.
Came home late.

Do other people also lead such busy lives????
Am I the only sucker with time management problems??
Sigh.


 .

2 comments:

  1. Nope, you are not alone... not enough hours in day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking about that Buddhist saying: The trouble is, you think you have time.
    It seems like the less time I have, the more things there are to do. There is some sort of cumulative component involved, and I've yet to isolate and understand this.
    I'm sorry that I'm not alone in this, and that you also seem to struggle with this though! x

    ReplyDelete