Saturday, October 20, 2012

Intellect, ha!

Yes, dear reader, you may have heard, and I can only confirm it.

After reading the Fifty Shades of Grey-trilogy, having fed my intellect thoroughly (haha), I have fallen way down low on the Ladder of Literature and resorted to The Romance Novel (a few of them by now, actually, mostly by Johanna Lindsey), where feisty women are tamed and ravished, and even Vikings only wear a fur around their loins in the dead of winter.



What has become of my mind?
I teach at a university for crying out loud!!
I should be reading research reports, academic fluff, not this drivel!

But, I do enjoy it.
There.
I admitted it.
Aaahh.



.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha! It's called escapism and I for one am guilty of that too... nothing wrong with romance, I say.

    ReplyDelete