Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wee corner of paradise-ish

Day 1 of the U.K.
Done and Dusted.

Well, it was a long day yesterday.
I managed to be on time for the train from Breda to Schiphol.
I met up with my colleague at the airport and we easily had enough time to check in, board and fly, fly away to the U.K.
(poetic license inserted - did you notice?)

Almost immediately after having arrived in Stoke-on-Trent - we didn't even check into our respective hotel rooms - we rushed off for the first courses of the day.
Yee-ha for Introduction to Crime Scene Analysis, then Evidence Packaging and Labelling, and then finally a lecture on Presumptive Testing for Blood, Semen and Saliva (there's a mouthful for you). 
All very, very interesting.

Afterwards, we checked into our stately hotel with eeny-meeny tiny little rooms.

I got a nice enough, windowless corner to call my own for the next few days.


And here I slept like a Babe.
I haven't slept this much in years.


Today: Crime Scene Training.

But I miss my boys, miss my husband.
Really, really badly.

But there are bigger problems in the world.
If you're on the Eastern Seaboard in the States, be safe, okay?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment