Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Only 7

Son#1, the unique and inventive, creative and challenging creature that he is, is only 7.
He has so much to still learn.
Yesterday, the mother of another boy in Son#1's class spoke to me about Son#1 and how her son won't play with him anymore because Son#1 always boasts about having everything bigger and better than her son.

I felt so angry at this woman although I do understand her point to some degree.
I so desperately want all our boys to fit into their new, small school and not to be left out.



Son#1 was very, very upset when I spoke to him about this.

Immediate tears and sadness.  
Instant anger at this so-called friend that betrayed him like this.
He wanted to challenge the said boy to a water duel, take up Judo to teach him a lesson.
Eventually the conversation turned to what a good friend is, and how to be one.
Hope I got through to him.
I understand, deeply, how everything he says and does is born from a point of insecurity.

He came into my room last night and told me that he felt so lonely.
My heart breaks.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment