Thursday, October 25, 2012

On this Grey Thursday

Winter is inching closer as I write.
This weekend:  Frost is on the cards.
And we are entering winter time again, meaning the clock goes back one hour for daylight savings time.

My little South African Brain cannot get used to this and every year I have trouble remembering exactly how it works.
Sigh.

Am at work.
Don't feel like it.
Trying to inspire myself to get lots of things done today as I won't be here next week, going on my work trip to Manchester with a colleague.




Yesterday we said goodbye to my little green car that was smashed a couple of weeks ago.
Feel sad about it.
The husband and I both felt that the little green car gave us a sense of freedom.
Freedom from the Status Trap.
Freedom from Debt.
Free of all the things that let us slip off the path on the way to things that really matter.
It was a simple car, built for people with simple lives.
I don't know when exactly things got so complicated.
Wish I knew so we could undo the actions that got us here.

I'm not unhappy, and I'm not ungrateful.
We have a wonderful home.
Reliable cars.
We have the most wonderful, naughty, feisty and loving boys.
I only wish we had more gumption to leave all the physical trappings behind.
Go live near the beach in Tarifa.
Live simply.

There is always the Action-part that is the key ingredient to the magic formula.
To live originally.
To just do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment