Thursday, January 5, 2012

Walk away that flab!

So, after feeling all sorry for the self, I decided last night that enough was enough and it was time to do it differently.

All this negativity can easily be fixed by just taking a different approach.

Without giving it too much thought (one can think almost anything good into an abyss), I put on my running shoes, a new pair of running pants that were still in the bag that I brought it home in from the shop 4 months ago, and popped in my walking DVD by Leslie Sansone



Indoor walking is the miracle that anyone with the coordination of a total nitwit has been waiting for.  No more public humiliation.  

I am probably the most uncoordinated person you will ever come across.  Ever.  

I'm the type where in an aerobics class, the instructor will stop the entire class to show me what to do - again and again.  
Back in high school, we had try-outs for discus throwing:  My discus went UP instead of forward.  I still burst out laughing when I think of all the people on that sports field scattering to avoid the discus coming back down.  
My inability to move with grace and coordination started early:  I was kicked out of ballet at the age of 5, gymnastics at 7.  No kidding, those mean people kick unpromising kids out.

I first bought Leslie Sansone's 'Walk away the pounds' book (I know it sounds cheesy, but it works) a couple of years ago.  It includes a 15 minute one-mile walk DVD to get you started.  I also have her 3-mile Weightloss Walk DVD which has me panting within the first 5 minutes.  Leslie talks a lot but she's positive, and positive is good.

Strange how moving makes you feel better.  Perhaps I needn't get all midlife-crisis-y.  Just focusing on a bit of exercise might just do the trick.  Mmmm.

Today I'll be at it again.  What's 15 minutes of my life anyway?



.

No comments:

Post a Comment