Monday, January 30, 2012

Heart

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I paid a visit to the cardiologist.  
Have been passing out for a few years now.  
Six years ago, I heard that I have Neurocardiogenic Collapse, but now my new cardiologist questions this diagnosis.  
Apparently he's quite good, one of the better doctors in the country. 


Unfortunately I also have to see the neurologist and I have to do the dreaded Tilt Table Test again...

During the tilt table test, they strap you down, lie you down flat, then put you upright and give you some awful medication that makes your heart race like mad.   
The last time I had this, my heart rate went over 160 beats per minute and then I couldn't see the monitor anymore.  
Passed out.  
Two male nurses stood next to me reading the manual. 
I thought I was going to die.  


Was pretty damn depressed after all this news.  
Oh well.
Every downside has its upside I suppose:  After feeling so depressed I thought stuff it, work won't see me today.  
Spent the afternoon cleaning the house and eating fudge.
And it was gooooood.






.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh No! I'm sorry you have to go through these horrible test... thinking of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete