Saturday, January 7, 2012

Longing for the Languedoc

This is the view I hope to be gazing at in February should the husband get leave:




A tiny hamlet in the Languedoc: Tudery. A house called La Roque.    
This will be the third time that we go to this region.  Boring, I know...  But I LOVE it there:  the arid climate, rocks everywhere, not too many tourists, the quiet is simply sublime. 

We will rent the house from a Dutch couple who were clever enough to leave this wet & overcrowded corner of the globe for better things.  Their business is called MidiMaison.  They have a number of homes that they rent out for reasonable prices.  The houses are unique, beautifully furnished and clean.  I read an article about them many years ago and have been dreaming of going there ever since. 

My favourite so far is L'Amandier  in the hamlet of Cazo.  If I won the lottery today, THAT is the home I would go to.  I love it.  It's where I'm meant to be.  

Now we're crossing all fingers, toes, limbs and whatever else is foldable on my body that the husband will get leave for the holiday.  

Will start brushing up on my French in the meantime.


Sigh.









No comments:

Post a Comment