Wednesday, January 11, 2012

De Vrije Boekhandel in the Veemarktstraat


This is my favourite corner in the centre of Breda:



That beautiful bookshop all lit up is the Vrije Boekhandel 

I've loved that shop for years, although I hardly ever go in.  They sell some English books, but not many, and most of those are fiction which I don't generally read.  They have ladders on rails that run along the bookshelves.  I love that.

This little corner is on the quieter side of town, closer to the park (which is gorgeous, will add a photo when the sun is out again).  

The gables of all the buildings just hit you in the face:  WOW!  I live in the Netherlands!



I'm getting my Dutch citizenship next week.  It took so much effort to get to this point.  
Glad that (for now) I'm allowed to keep my South African passport as well.  

Little bit of home and history in a thin little book. 
You don't lose your identity when you cross the border.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment