Monday, January 9, 2012

Antwerp

I drew the long straw yesterday:  The husband went with Son#1 and Son#2 to Aquatopia in Antwerp (and boohoo, they don't allow buggies in Aquatopia meaning we would have had to to carry Son#3 all the time), so Son#3 and I got to go to the MAS-museum instead.  

It's a beautiful building with sweeping views over Antwerp and beyond.  
The architecture is unique.  



Have to admit:  I don't know much about architecture, but the building feels right.  
The exhibits are interesting:  not too arty-farty, more cultural anthropology.
Right up my alley.

The cafe on the bottom floor is a bit small and expensive although the coffee was great. 

Nowhere to wipe Son#3's bum.  
But the bliss of being semi-childless was wonderful.   Son#3 is such an easy baby.
Stimulation of my last few remaining brain cells mostly appreciated.  
Invigorating.  

Wish I could give the husband an opportunity to do something like this.  The poor man has been working hard.








No comments:

Post a Comment