Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tired/Wired

Driven by an insatiable need for bacon this morning - especially of the I-didn't-have-to-cook-it-myself-variety, Son#3 and I headed off to the Ikea (here we go again).


1 Buck 50 for 7 pieces of bacon and free coffee.
Bliss.
People-watching, cheap entertain-ic BLISS.
I see the same old people there every time I go (and they probably see me too).
There is the Ipad-couple, the we-only-sit-together-and-look-at-our-phones-couple, the assorted old age home-inhabitants who stick to the same tables every time (why do people do that??  Myself included???), the man who lost a helluvalotof weight but comes for breakfast every day, the loners (like me) who stare in quietude, the racist couple who once told me that all foreigners were bad (knowing I am one, and despite that the racist husband was foreign too).
They're all there.
Ikea is a social experiment in itself. 
One day we'll wake up and someone will announce on TV:  Tadaaaaaaa!  We have the explanation for mankind.  And it was under our noses, at Ikea, all along.
Who would have thought.

First however, we had gone to the hairdresser, here in our tiny village.
A nice girl with a gentle hand - she coaxed Son#3 to sit quietly for his first ever haircut, lopping off his curls (although not nearly enough, according to his mother).

Sigh.

The shower blocked up last night, refusing to drain, and now, Wednesday late afternoon, we still have a bath and shower-bath, anxiously awaiting the uber-expensive plumber coming in the morning.
There will be no end-of-long-day-shower tonight.

My new car's back window also needs to be fixed, and the car has to go to the garage on Friday afternoon.

Son#2 had to go to the dentist this afternoon for a filling (weak glazing, the dentist said). 
Son#2's damndamndamn swimming lessons on Friday and Saturday, that we ALL detest by now.
Both Son#1 and Son#2 going to birthday parties on Saturday that will require gifts being bought.

We have bills to pay, and the company that the husband works for is struggling.
Struggling.   

I'm extremely tired - the boys were up, woken by mosquitoes at 4h45.
I wish I could just sleep an entire night and day, and not be disturbed.

An information evening for Son#2's class this evening.
I struggle through conundrums ranging from 'should I be interested' to 'will I live until this evening'.

This weekend a visit to the in-laws, one I can't get out of again, despite succumbing to stress levels and tears, flu and general feelings of giving up.
I have to study and cannot focus.

Tomorrow morning, the ACTH-test for my awry cortisol levels.
I'm too tired for words.
Too tired to even look it up - and perhaps that's a good thing, the word 'tumour' putting me off my internet search the other day.
Finishing stuff up at work afterwards.

Thank you for making it this far, dear reader.
Self-pity:  Checked off my list.
And for that my gratitude.
 

.



2 comments: