Thursday, September 18, 2014

Oh Thursday

Not exactly what I had expected.
Admitted to hospital, lying in a bed (!!).
I expected a chair somewhere, not fussing friendly nurses rolling on over with drips and plasters and vials to fill with my blood.


Two old ladies in my room with me, one deaf, the other sleeping.
They will stay but I will go.

I think of my dad and how he hated hospitals.
Is there something like hospital syndrome?
One feels sick here.

Shouldn't linger here too long with its muted sounds and harsh lights.


.

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, there is something like hospital syndrome... At least simply entering one, makes me sick to my stomach. Could be my little cancer trauma though?

    Neat looking IV you've got yourself there (believe me, I've seen worse). Go with the flow, drop all your expectations and breathe. One thing I know for sure about hospitals: nothing goes according to what you think The Plan is.
    Big x!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely your cancer trauma methinks. I still have the giving-birth-to-Number-Three-trauma.
      I must say that the IV was perfect - I remember the IV as being the most painful of all 3 times giving birth (kind of puts it in perspective).
      Have a GOOD day Roos! xxx

      Delete