Saturday, September 27, 2014

The 4 great loves


We drove to Dishoek, on the coast.
The boys played rugby and got deliciously wet.
The husband treated us to dinner, Son#2 exclaiming that his chicken nuggets were sublime (which tells you a lot about my culinary skills).
What a wonderful place.

The only negative being that I wished my parents were both with us.
Two years ago we sat there, together.

Later we drove home as the sun dipped low.
Showers and beds.
(The shower trailed a thin line of sand: a sure sign that there had been a kid who had had fun)
A movie on TV for the husband and I.
We had a good day.

I'm afraid of dying having the boys think that their mom was evil/strict/mean.
I hope they'll know that I loved them best of all and had good intentions.
BEST of all.
I'm just weak.
Stress and lack of sleep make assholes out of people.


.

1 comment:

  1. #1 You're not dead yet.
    #2 Why on earth think thoughts like these? You love them. That's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete