Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Long Way Home

Sometimes I wonder when the time to rest will come.
Will it?
It worries me.


I sat working until 21h30 last night, after a full day's work.
I managed to cut my evening's work 'short' because I hijacked someone else's powerpoints
(and before you wonder whether I feel bad about it:  I don't).
Today is no stranger either:  I'm teaching non-stop from 9 till 5, and there is no break to be had anywhere in my timetable today.
There are small mercies.
My university assignment, the very last one for this calendar year, is only due in a week's time.
The demarcation for one of my subjects came through, severely limiting what I'm going to study (not that I'd done that much yet anyway).
The other 2 are multiple choice exams (much easier-ish to study for.
But that is November's problem.
After today's work, I just have one lesson left to teach for this week.
Last night I needed sleep, and eventually I took a sleeping tablet, or would not have been able to make it to this morning.
The recurring theme of my life.
And sometimes, I wonder what the hell it's all in aid of anyway.
Strange how both my mother and I, on opposite angles of the globe, thought the very same thoughts on the very same day.
One mustn't think too much when one is tired.
Just keep breathing.
Nice 'n slow.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment