Monday, March 31, 2014

Rest

My week started well.
I went to see my friend Sandra who is also heading for a burnout, but has the foresight to stop, now.
Before things get worse.
We had coffee in the spring sunshine and talked about work and kids and holidays and long leg hairs.
I forget to shave my legs, and so does she, thank goodness.


Then to Ikea I went, to buy doors for the cheap bookcases in my home office that will no longer be in their collection, which would leave my bookcases doorless, and that spells too much visual clutter.
I ate soup and fruit and looked at people, listening to their conversations.
It was nice.

Then home, rested a while, and cleaned the guest apartment for my mother.
Just 2 more nights.
Freaky.
Perhaps she's not looking forward to the trip - it will after all, be quite confrontational, but I hope the change will do her good.
New perspectives.
Always good.  
We're all excited:  Everyone from the husband, to the kids, me and even the damn cat.
I love loving someone.

Tomorrow, work:  meetings, lessons, processing marks.
But first, we sleep.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment