Friday, March 7, 2014

C'est Le Weekend: We fall asleep

The week has been somewhat hectic and stressful.
First my mother's visa application, then just the mere fact that I have to entertain Son#1 and #2, break up fights, feed them, clothe them, the constant, incessant correction all the time...
Son#1 has been his own self-igniting rocket, burning himself out with his show-off antics and limit-seeking behaviour.
Son#2 has screaming tantrums on the street, throwing his bike down and running away.
The tantrums continue inside, too.
Anything can set him off. 
Anything.
Son#3 just does whatever the hell his brothers are doing.


In the meantime, I've had little sleep.  
Inexplicably little.

Son#1 had a girl who came for a sleep-over at our house last night, got terribly homesick, so that the husband took her home at 10 p.m. 
Poor bunny.
The boys were so terribly busy and freaky-high-energied, and I got angry a few times.
I'm afraid this girl will think I'm a tyrant freak, and will most probably tell her mother, who will then tell the entire village.
The locals may start picketing for us to bugger off after my tired and cranky behaviour last night.
Sigh.
I was typing assignments until the wee hours, and then slept.
Energy just escapes me, and I'm sure that if I start walking or running again, it will improve, but I can't muster the energy it will take (or suck from me) to do this.
Besides, I have a cracked rib from all my coughing.
It hurts like hell when I move.

Today, we'll dump the sleep-over-friend's bike off early at her house, then rest.
Swimming lessons, rugby.
Weekend.

On Monday, the schools will start again (cue mercy from the gods), but I'm going back to work too, and that sucks.

 .

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love being an outcast? I remember Kenji yelling way too loud at Big Brother when a kid from school was coming over to play.. we never saw the boy again hahaha.
    Make yourself some tea, inhale, and the weekend will pass. Maybe earplugs won't be such a bad idea either? I've been where you are many times: the last weekend of any holiday is always the worst…
    Hold tight!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Thanks Roos, at least I'm not alone in scaring away innocent kids!! Didn't I tell you that Outcast is my middle name? I've yet to find somewhere to fit in...
      Tea shmea, I had 2 fat glasses of delishush white wine. It did the trick, let me tell you.
      Have a good weekend kind woman xxx

      Delete