Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oh dear, oh dear

It's been BUSY around our house and at work.
I'm not sleeping much - another cold/flu/bug has me in its grip and with my cracked rib, nighttime is now, shall we say, interesting.

At work, I'm a monster.
I'm chucking students off study programmes left, right and center  and the clarity is gives me (no more worrying:  shall I, shan't I?) is sublime.
You don't pitch up, you don't get to stay.

Another colleague also has a burn-out now, and I've taken over some of her work.


.

I had an altercation with the director's uber-important assistant this morning who spoke to me unkindly in front of many colleagues.
A swift email from me, addressed to all and sundry:  Don't speak to me like that.
She came to apologize.
Sigh.
Sometimes I think us humans are just like dogs:  A dog gives corrective nips and bites to put the others into their place - and if they don't bite back, that dog will become the Head Honcho.
You should never let people speak to you unkindly - because it would cause frustration and anger at myself, and no-one is worth that.

But now it's the end of another very busy day already, and home, husband and kids are calling me.
To bed early tonight, and tomorrow, simply nothing.



.

2 comments: