Thursday, March 20, 2014

Brain Symposium

Did you know that in Greece, think ancient times, the word 'symposium' referred to a drinking party?
Cue the conga, coloured lights and dancing girls. 

I went to a symposium at work today and we only got to drink coffee, but it was still good.
Really good.
The subject was the brain, all the pitfalls our brains get us into, and how to focus better and pay attention.
I attended a sport psychologist's workshop, and even if my initial feelings were 'Mmmmmm', the guy made sense, and I learned something about myself and how I think or think I think.



I came home early-ish, then the husband sat in the sun with Son#3 who has been especially rebellious the last few days, and I sat on the couch, reading.
Bliss.
The problem is, I'm so tired I can't really think very straight, and I need to sleep.
Very.  Much.  So.
I snap at everyone and everything, but that's hardly surprising with my current level of tiredness.
The boys feel this with their Exhausted Mother homing devices, and boy oh boy, do they have fun with it.
Son#1 spent almost an hour in his room just this afternoon for that big back-chatting mouth he sometimes pulls out, and then almost climbed out of his 3rd story window (!!!) to pull off the lead sleeves under his window.
Son#2 fought with the husband and came home in a crying huff.
Son#3 is cute but turns towards the Dark Side in a flash.
Just knowing about all the bloody defiance ahead with Son#3, makes me flustered and angry.
Sigh. 

I guess you can surmise that our brains are tired and confused, and short circuit every now and then.
Tomorrow I'll check my emails, do some of my work, but not tonight.
I'm just glad I learned something new today.

Good night, world.
Sleep well.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment