Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Random Extropy (or The Evolution of Progress)

What it is...
Extropy: the extent of a system's intelligence, information, and capacity for improvement.
Trust me, it's a positive thing.
And so I view poor Son#3:  Pneumonia Round #4, I think?
New antibiotics, paracetomol for the fever, cough medicine and an asthma inhaler.
I cancelled all my classes and meetings (and there were many) for the day, and Son#3 and I stayed home.
But I believe in extropy: Son#3 will be right as rain as soon as summer starts.
Or as Muriel's father in 'Muriel's Wedding' kept saying:  You can't stop progress.
I loved that movie.
Run away, and reinvent yourself.



Sigh.
Tomorrow, it's just another week until my mother arrives.
She's sorting through all her and my father's belongings, and it's a crap process.
I wake with my dad, and at night, he's the last person I see.
I miss him.
One day, we might get used to him being gone, to not be here anymore.
But that thought feels so disloyal - like denying that he was ever part of our lives.
And I wonder, like the Dutch forensic pathologist Bela Kubat, where did all my dad's thoughts go?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment