Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Things fall apart

I've been quiet.
Work started again yesterday.
We smile at work and cry at home.
It wasn't bad being back, but certainly daunting.
Something will be required of me again.
Scary.
I can only take it one day at a time.
 
Monday took us to Antwerp.
Just the husband and I.
We went to a beautiful Art Deco neighbourhood, Zurenborg.


Beautiful houses.
Espresso at a funky cafe.
Then Lunch at the Groote Witte Arend.


Wine.


Walk through the city.


We sat inside the St Carolus-Borromeus listening to music and thinking about the fragility of life.
A mini-holiday, that's what it felt like.

My dad fell last night, hurt his back and pelvis.
A fall is not a good thing if your bones are brittle.
Luckily he didn't break anything.
Just 3 more days and he can hopefully go home again.
My parents are getting a carer to help.
These are strange times we live in.

Here at home, Son#2 is hysterical.
School is all a bit too much for him - the change, a new class, a new teacher, and then of course the expectations he thinks will be required of him.
Poor bunny.
Son#1 is stoically quiet, happy enough if he can play computer games and not deal with his younger brothers.
Sigh.
Today home, tomorrow my birthday.
Think I might sneak off to the movies on my own.
Just for the hell of it.
A bit of escapism never hurt anybody.


.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment