Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Being Zen

Yesterday was wonderful.
So wonderful, that I couldn't bring myself to actually sit in front of the computer all day.
Instead, I followed the advice given by my work-coach-person:


3 Elements are essential for destressing:

Movement - Relaxation - Social Contact.


Yesterday, I accomplished all 3.
First I cleared out the crap in the playroom, then proceeded to talk to our kind cleaning lady whose life is even more of a soap opera than mine, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch, reading.
Bliss.
Balance.
Zen.

But (and there is always a but), while on the couch, I stuffed my face with popcorn and then large amounts of fudge, resulting in a 6,9 blood sugar reading this morning - either the end destination for prediabetes, or the start of diabetes.
Tomorrow to the doctor.
We'll see.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment