Friday, August 16, 2013

C'est Le Weekend: Being Hopeful

My dad might be going home tomorrow, which would be wonderful after 5 weeks in hospital.
Think he has Cabin Fever.
He needs to go home.

Son#2 is off to the in/outlaws this afternoon, to be brought back by train, on Sunday.
The husband is off to Antwerp tomorrow, to see Randy Newman in concert.
Lucky fish.
Me?
I'm staying home with Son#1 and #3.
It was a tough week - starting work, my dad's situation, turning 39...

The husband and sons surprised me yesterday morning with breakfast and a decorated dining room - replete with birthday chair and bunting.
I got gifts - shower gel, gorgeous sunflowers, wine and a DVD (The Descendants - brilliant - which we watched last night).
Then my friend Karen dropped by with gorgeous painted mug, plate, more wine and hand lotion.
I'm happy.

The weather is good today - cool, but sunny.
The sunsets are slowing down.



This morning I'm taking Son#3 to play with Karen's kid.
Come back, pick up the boys from school, pack Son#2's bag for his visit to grandma, and then nothing.
Nothing is good.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment