Thursday, August 8, 2013

Tea break on the Thunderbirds' set

Miracles are possible.
It's just after 10, and Things #1 and #2 haven't yet had a good fight.

We're drinking tea.

 
The garden-service-person was just here, sort of gave an estimate (gulp) for pruning 4 trees and laying a new lawn.
Then the builder showed up - he's busy building a brand new chimney (the old one's bricks were loose little stone leaves, you could literally pull the bricks out - nothing holding them together).
My car is going to the garage tomorrow morning for a new window, and to see what is wrong with my exhaust - another €500.  
Two and a half grand in one week...  
But that was the scary-money-part-which-I-refuse-to-think-about-any-longer.

I spoke to my dad yesterday!
He sounds so much better, and his muscle strength is returning, slowly but surely.

He feels a bit down in the dumps, but that's to be expected after 4 weeks in hospital.
He starts radiation next week for the tumours in his leg.  
Hang in there Daddy Dearest, you're doing great!
Screw you, Multiple Myeloma, you're not getting my father.

Our day, here in the Nether Lands, is uneventful.
I just want to clean stuff.
What could possibly be wrong with me?
It might be the no-wheat-policy that I've been maintaining now for 4 days.

Wheat sucks.
I even feel hormonally balanced, which I might tell you, is a bloody miracle in itself.
See?
Another miracle.
And the sun is shining again.


.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment